The CODIPRO team, always listening to the market and keeping an eye on its trends, works constantly to improve and develop its range of swivel lifting rings.
The GRADUP range has been especially developed to be the quintessential swivel lifting ring, particularly in terms of the quality of the raw materials used.
The CODIPRO research department, supported by advice from internationally renowned research centers, selected the best quality steel to achieve the best balance between tensile strength, breaking load and fatigue strength.
Each component of the GRADUP lifting rings’ hinge system has also been reviewed. The outer crowding dimensions, the screw couplings and the openings are compatible with CODIPRO lifting rings already on the market.
This major innovation, the GRADUP lifting ring, is the fruit of more than 45 years’ experience combined with in-depth research.
Grade 6, 8, 10, 12, etc. Why GRADUP?
The quality of the steel is the essential characteristic of a swivel lifting ring. In the world of lifting, it is normal to speak in terms of class of steel, or “grade”. This “grade” is what it’s all about for a chain, because the diameter of the chain combined with the class of the material is what gives the lifting capacity. In recent years, some “grades” that are higher than others have appeared on the market. Based on this, many manufacturers are offering lifting rings of class 10, 12, 14, etc. These descriptions are not relevant for lifting devices with multiple components, such as a swivel lifting ring. This is why CODIPRO is seeking to move away from this trend that is almost entirely based on marketing promotions.
By creating the GRADUP (or optimized grade) range, CODIPRO is offering a breakthrough innovation. In a swivel lifting ring with multiple components, each element is subject to different constraints. In order to offer maximum strength, each separate piece must be conceived so that the materials used and the design are the most appropriate for its function within the overall device. With the release of the GRADUP brand, CODIPRO is now offering an ultra-safe and ultra-high-performance lifting ring.
When should GRADUP be used?
Anytime and anywhere in a traditional industrial environment: the GRADUP swivel lifting rings are designed to be used within a temperature range of -20°C to +200°C (-4°F to +392°F). Use recommendations provided in 15 languages give a detailed description of the conditions for use.
For extreme applications such as offshore use, or very low/very high temperatures, etc. our engineers at the CODIPRO research department are available to provide details about the composition of our lifting rings: strength, chemical composition, mechanical strength, tensile strength, etc.
What certifications have been given to the GRADUP range?
All of CODIPRO’s swivel lifting rings comply with European Regulation 2023/1230, which replaces the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
The EN 1677-1 standard (January 2009) applicable to “forged steel components of Grade 8” is restrictive with regard to the quality of the steel that can be used. With its innovative GRADUP range, CODIPRO has gone further, using higher-performance steels.
CODIPRO has committed to complying with the essential points of the EN 1677-1 standard: the way in which the components must be produced, tested and certified.
All lifting rings in the GRADUP range also comply with the ASME B30.26-2010 standard. They can be used in the USA with no specific safety measures.
What are the benefits of the GRADUP range?
- Each GRADUP lifting ring has an individual traceability number that is specific to CODIPRO.
- The GRADUP lifting rings are 100 % compatible with lifting rings in the existing SEB, DSR, DSS ranges, etc. They are simply more effective.
- The optimization of the raw materials enables a significant improvement in WLL: up to 11 % additional WLL (23 % in safety factor 4).
- In keeping with its mission statement: “Our QUALITY = Your SAFETY”, CODIPRO is offering certified lifting rings stamped with the 5:1 safety factor, which means they can be used throughout the world, including in the USA. CODIPRO also provides all the neccesary information for a use with a 4:1 safety factor, as defined under the EN 1677-1 standard.
- A lifting ring is intrinsically stronger when it is used linearly (= an angle of 0°). Under these conditions, the GRADUP lifting rings offer improved WLL, the values for which are defined in the tables at the end of the catalogue.
- An anti-corrosion coating means that the unpainted parts of the CODIPRO swivel lifting rings are resistant to salt mist spray for 600 hours.
- The tightening torque is stamped on all lifting rings in the GRADUP range.
- As a producer of lifting fittings, CODIPRO is especially concerned with the orange color (RAL 2002), which is always associated with SAFETY. This particular shade, which has been a feature of the CODIPRO brand for many years, allowing users to distinguish CODIPRO’s lifting rings from all the copies available on the market that could put operators’ lives in danger.